Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reflecting on reflecting

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor 3:18

The beauty of the reflection on a still lake. Did you notice?

Read this on someone's blog sharing:

"Imagine if someone were to pull a “veil” over Maroon Lake…kind of like the cover that people put over their swimming pools in the winter. The lake would miss out on her most glorious task…to reflect the glory of the majesty behind her.
Standing there today, I was struck by how well the lake was doing its job. I was also struck by how poorly I was doing mine.

The world around us will continually say that it is all about us. But it isn’t. It is all about Him.

Have you ever noticed how the three persons of the Trinity do this as well? The Son points to the Father. The Father points back to the Son. The Holy Spirit points to the Father and the Son.

Well, Job 12 tells us to learn from the creation: the animals teach us, the birds tell us, the fish inform us, and the earth will teach us…if we will listen. Today, I learned a lot from an old, non-descript mountain lake.

It convicted me. I wish I were as faithful as she."

We're are the water that reflects the wow-ness of God.

No comments: