Monday, January 25, 2010

Why she fell asleep at 9pm yest and 930pm today?

Yes and she went to the room for bedtime at the same time.

I'm learning patience in while putting Eliza to sleep for bedtimes. I get quite easily frustrated when Eliza doesn't fall asleep for a myriad of reasons, reasons which i feel are not necessary. Sometimes the frustration are really uncalled for and i just needed to learn to cool off and not take it so hard. Sometimes i just needed to be more understanding of Eliza and that she needs more time. But i'm not dumb, there are times when i sense that she is just pushing the time to be awake. [this is so common isn't it? I do that too. I'm still trying to sort out that disparity].

We are not robots, so we don't sleep the exact same time or take the same time to fall asleep, but the principle is that when Eliza's sleepy by bedtime, she needs to sleep. Actually it's better to catch her before she's really too sleepy, cos when she's at that state, she's less co-operative and more likely to take longer to sleep. Maybe that's what happened today.

So one change we need to keep to:
- one book only for bedtime reading (i told her we can read many many books in the day but we bring only one book for before bedtime reading)

No comments: