Friday, September 15, 2006

Slowing down

morning reflections:
"I think we live in a space divided. I think Jesus insisted that the kingdom of heaven was not just a space we would later inhabit, but also one that He was bringing here and now. We exist with one foot here in the earthly and one in the eternal. Yet we rarely feel it. We rarely live with a sense that someone should take a picture. That what is happening right now bears documentation. That we're in two places at once.

I want to live a faith that is a reflection of the cost of its eternal origin, not merely a reflection of my transient one. I want to feel the reality of where we sit. That the things we decide here are eternal ones. That our conversations mean something. I want to live in a manner that feels heroic, that turns the invisible into the visible, that is a solid intrusion of the eternal into the divided streets of humanity. "
David Crowder

we talked longer into the night and laughed a lot and humoured each other...and everyday we're just amused at each other, happy to see each other when we come home from work...even though we're just dead tired. (even tho i have a throbbing headache, feeling feverish and just want to sleep).
there's an opening at OM to teach english at yangoon...we wondered what if we are there, Ww to teach english and me...i'll find something to teach anyway. we wondered where will we go 3 1/2 yrs later..will we go to the mission field or will Ww con't in SG to teach..mayb history in another place? these are questions to which the answers only God knows, we just need to trust and walk by faith.

No comments: